Wednesday 22 June 2016

Day 15 - Acadia National Park to Hanover, Maine

I find I am shoving more and more in my yellow sack that sits behind me on the passenger seat. That means I have extra space in my 2 side and rear compartments for whatever.

Lately I have been storing the cooler knapsack in a side compartment, storing the day before leftovers but it leaks! I have to put it in a bag and then mop up any leaks I find at the end of the day.

Now the major focus of our trip is over, we are eager to return home. However, it is not a short drive to get there. We are averaging 350 km daily, some days more, some less. Today we did 295 km.

As we left our campground at Acadia National Park, we drove out further on the headland to the Bass Harbour Lighthouse. It was first thing in the morning but people around, checking it out like us.

Back on the highway north off the peninsula and stopped at Bangor for a late breaky.

As we continued heading west on Hwy #2, we passed through Mexico and it was real stinky due to a paper/pulp mill.

Tonite we are camping at a real rustic campground about 40 min east of Mount Washington in New Hampshire. It is hot & humid out and Pat did his magic in making up a tasty dinner on the grill/fire.

Tomorrow we plan to make the trek to Mount Washington and add yet another sticker to our side boxes.


Sue at Bass Harbour Lighthouse, Acadia National Park, Maine


Our campsite at Hanover, Maine. Loved the smell of the pines & needles but the heat also brought out the sap. Pat put up the tarp to keep off the sticky stuff. It was a Ninja challenge, getting around all the secured tie-offs, especially once it became dusk. 



Here is a great pic of our two bikes loaded from the back. Mine on the left has the 2 (empty) gas cans and my yellow waterproof sack and of course my 2 side & rear compartment full.  I carried the kitchen/cooking tools & food. Pat is carrying the two sleeping pad/mattress units, the tent along with his yellow waterproof sack. He also carried all the camping equipment & tools/supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment